Saturday, August 18, 2012

Thank You Julie Cooper Barber by John Quinlan

Over the years I have been used as a model for many different genres; fitness, fashion, art and sports. I have to be honest, of all the types I have been involved with one of my all-time favorite themes has been a boxer/MMA fighting. Over the years doing many shoots and projects I have worn a very special pair of gloves. These were MMA style gloves, Muay Thai style gloves to be exact by Kombat Gear. Recently, I signed and donated these gloves along with a pair of trunks to David S. Brown enterprises in care of Julie Cooper Barber. Julie is an amazing writer and one of the most intelligent and goal oriented people I have I have ever had the privilege of speaking with. Julie told me the apparel would ultimately be auctioned off for charity along with many other similar items. I have to be honest, I did have a bit of a personal attachment to these gloves but it is a nice feeling I have knowing they will be helping raise money for those in need and I did my part to help them. Let me just mention how much respect I have for every boxer and mixed martial arts fighter in the world today (and from the past). You are all true warriors and gifted athletes with determination and perseverance that is up there with the best in the world. Truly inspiring to me! God Bless




       

No comments:

Post a Comment