Friday, February 3, 2012

Ricky Williams and Me by John Quinlan

In today's society many people out there judge a "book by it's cover" so to speak. Recently I think this issue has gotten better but unfortunately, it will never completely go away. There are people out there who see those of us with tattoos and pre-judge us...form an opinion of us before they actually get to know us. Ricky Williams is a prime example. Ricky is an amazing athlete and caring person, just check out his foundation and see the wonderful things he does for so many kids:

Click Here To View the Ricky Williams Foundation Website

Ricky has always been his own person, but so have I. I have always marched to the beat of my own drum, and like Williams expressed myself through my body art. People have often labeled me a punk and arrogant when I am actually very humble and respectful to those around me. Those who really know me understand that I live a very healthy lifestyle, I don't drink, I do drugs of any sort (I don't even like to take aspirin), I have never been arrested and I am a loving father of 3 little children. I have found inner peace with my lifestyle focused around health and wellness just as Williams has found it with his holistic lifestyle, being a vegetarian and practicing yoga. Like Williams, if people out there want to wrongly judge me before they get to know me it's their right to do so. Those same people might have a very different opinion after they have a chance to talk with me.


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment