Friday, February 24, 2012

Update On My Training & Diet by John Quinlan

Well I am almost through February (2012) and I have been training decent since the first of the year. So basically about several weeks now and I feel pretty good. The main thing is that I stay healthy this time around. The past couple years I was injured and I made a few nutritional mistakes along the way as well. Some of these nutritional mistakes I think were because my mind set was that of when I was in my mid 20's and not my mid 30's. Funny because I still feel like I am in my early 20's mentally and physically. Hopefully with this mind set I will age gracefully then, ha ha ha! I am going to try and pay attention a bit more this time to my sodium intake, my overall carbohydrates and cardio work. These 3 things in the past have been a bit off so I think if I can get these down just right I should be ok.....I hope. My goal is to stay injury free straight through May and June so I have a fighting chance in my Physique competitions. To be honest, my main goal this time is that when people I know see me......they say, "he looked good." I tell people I just want to make this time around "respectable". One thing is for sure, I have 100% respect for all the judges and my fellow competitors. What I am most proud of over the years (and I am actually very humbled by to be completely honest) is how many people talk positive of me. You all know who you are and I thank each and every one of you for all the kind words! God Bless you all!!!!!! Hey, as far as these physique competitions go, all I can do is go out there and do the best I can. Work hard to prepare through good diet and consistent exercise and may God watch over me. Hopefully this blue collared tattooed Irish guy from Boston, Massachusetts can make those he represents proud come May and June. The only thing I can promise is I will work hard to make it happen, the rest is out of my hands. Thanks for reading and much love!

God Bless








No comments:

Post a Comment