Monday, February 27, 2012

A Special Thank You To Mike Lyons of Silver Models Management by John Quinlan

I would like to personally send out a very special thank you to Mike Lyons of Silver Models Management in New York.


I met with Mike this past week and it was a real honor for me. I had been talking to Mike here and there for the past year and I was finally able to have a meeting with him. Let me first start off by saying what a top notch agency Silver Models Management is. They represent some of the best sports models, athletes and lifestyle talent for commercial print advertising, editorial, TV and feature films in the world. It seemed like there were thousands of names in the database that Mike showed me and here are a few of the names off the top of my head that stood out (although every model in there is tip top):




I have to say it was a very good meeting. Mike was very professional and down to Earth. The only difference was he is a huge New York Giants and Yankees fan, ha ha ha......but I won't hold that against him with myself being from Boston and liking the Red Sox all my life, lol! I did tell him I was still a big A-Rod and Jeter fan so all was good :)

Mike went into detail about how Silver Models Management works and I found it to be quite amazing! I really felt a connection with Mike, he represented himself and his company very well. With 4 physique competitions coming up for me (2 in May and 2 in June) Mike gave me some advice from a judges point of view and I appreciate his corrective criticism as I will work hard on those areas he mentioned to me. I feel anytime I am able to get the advice from a person that really knows the business I take it and try to learn from it to make myself a better athlete.

After some more talk about the agency Mike told me he wanted me to view him as a coach and I really appreciated that. I told Mike you will get 100% out of John Quinlan. I will show up on time and always work hard. I have to be completely honest here, I respect Mike Lyons as a human being and as my friend. After my big photo shoot in early April I told Mike I will send him some head & body shots and he said he will add me to the Silver Model Database with those images.  I can't say enough good things about Mike Lyons but the main thing I want to thank Mike for is believing in John Quinlan. 100% respect for you always man!

God Bless 


No comments:

Post a Comment